What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frsky Sbus Decoder

joefly

User
Reaction score
Is there a choice of the direction of the servo connectors? I purchased 4 of these recently and all 4 have 1 servo connector that is vertical and 3 that are horizontal. The photos on the product view has 2 different setups. Two of the photos are of the items I received. The other two have all 4 servo connectors vertical. Are both types available?

iflylilplanes

Strong User
Reaction score
Maybe Aloft have vertical sets,I have only ever seen the type you say you have received, myclub mates using them and the one I purchased to put into a four servo glider wing in the future, when the time comes if it needs the stock decoder, vertical pins or with hard wired leads, I will make the mod myself. Done the same thing with receivers that have vertical pins, some of my gliders could only use flat pins due to space requirments. The SBus decoder with leads will fit in a thiner wing and have one less plug joints between it and the servos. Do it your self, that's what I will be doing.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The very OLD ones had wires.. Then they added the pins and had them in top orientation, then they switched to the 3 side one top orientation. The issue was space inside of slim wings. You can unsolder the existing pins and solder in vertical pins if you like. The pins can be harvested from old RC gear, or bought online.