What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FrOS sounds and tracks help needed...

Trent

New User
Reaction score
Helllo - I am having trouble installing custom sounds and playback tracks to use with the FrOS on my X10. I downloaded the Amber series of tracks but it seems that is only for OpenTX users. Am I correct? How can I install my own sounds and tracks (ie. gear up, down, flaps down, mid, up etc, etc.) Thanks for any help that can be given.

stubtoe

New User
Reaction score
Hi Trent - I have the Horus X10S and am in the process of installing Amber Sounds but stumbling over where to put the Amber Sound Pack - I'm led to believe the Sound Pack has got to be Horus specific ?? and must reside in the SD card SOUNDS - en - track file - I've accomplished doing this but cannot access an Amber sound clip when I try using Special Functions - I do wish there was a utube video of of the process -please help someone...joe

Trent

New User
Reaction score
Stubtoe - I am worried that no one knows how to get sounds downloaded on FrOS. If you come up with a solution please take a moment to let me know what you did, and I will do the same for you. Thanks, Trent

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys - Sorry, I think we really lack a FrOS expert here. You may have better luck over on RC Groups radio section. They should have at least 1 forum thread that is dedicated to FrOS. I think Mike D is pretty active and very helpful on that info.

mccolld1

New User
Reaction score
I know how it's done.

The files must be wave format @ 16mhz.

Special function files must be in the tracks folder.

mccolld1

New User
Reaction score
Regarding the Amber files, I haven't installed the Amber files. I'm using the stock files. However, there pretty close to Amber.

What I would suggest doing is looking at the spreadsheet that has the sound file descriptions and individually matching them up. The spreadsheet is included with the latest version of the fros firmware.