What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fr Os update issues.

Quickero

New User
Reaction score
Hello there! I am having problems to update the FrOs that came with my Horus X10s. I have tried everything that is out there in order to tell me how is done? With not much luck at all. The transmitter will not read the SD card with the firmware update. I can see on the radio screen the SD card but it doesn't seem to be doing anything else. I haven't been able to use this beautiful transmitter just because of this issue. My intention is to move up to Open TX but before of that I want to update the Os that came with the radio to the last version and safe the file for back up. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a warranty issue. Please any input will be totally appreciate. Thanks.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Chris is our Horus expert, but he is out of the office this week. Worse comes to worse I'll see if I can get him to post up here on his return. Hopefully someone can jump in prior.

-Wayne

Quickero

New User
Reaction score
Wayne thanks for your reply. Like I explained is not much what I can do having the transmitter like this. I will be looking for the help that you guys or anyone with the same problem can give me with this issue. Thanks again...

PaulG

User
Reaction score
Just my opinion but i would go ahead and flash Open TX 2.2.2 and download the matching SD Card content. That way you have the radio operational. You can always just download the Frsky OS to a folder on your computer should you decide you need it later (you won't!). Good luck ans that is a beautiful TX indeed!

Quickero

New User
Reaction score
Hello Paul!
That's exactly what I was thinking to do next. The FrOs version on the radio is the very first one which I already got safe just in case something goes South... Tonight I'm going to flash the 2.2. Open TX and go from there. Wish me luck! I will keep posting the results of what ever happens.

Quickero

New User
Reaction score
Well finally last night I was able to update the FrOs version from the 1.1.02 to the last recently version. Not sure exactly what was causing the problem but, I had to go from the 02 straight to 04 and then work all the way up till the last one. There is something that got my attention on the last update version.
After re start the transmitter it showed a message saying create a model. I did it and the radio started working normally but not before I created the model with the last FrOs version. I hope that is a good sign. Tonight I'm going to work on the Open TX installation. I will appreciate any suggestions about the Open TX installation. Thanks...

Quickero

New User
Reaction score
Yes Wayne I did good with the Fr os 1.3.01Beta update. Now something that it seems to be easy like flash the Open Tx is turning complicated because I can't make the radio communicate with the PC using the Zaddig program. So at this point I'm stock. The STM32 bootloader is on but the Open Tx companion won't read the firmware from radio. Here I am trying to figure out what is or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks and any advice is welcome.