What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying on Saturday

PaulG

User
Reaction score
Last Saturday I loaded up the car and headed out to Civic Center in San Rafael to have a fly session. Before I left I looked at my Flite Test Bloody Baron that is so nimble and quick that is scares me, and said what the heck and threw it in the car along with a 3 channel trainer and my 5" drone.

I was having a great time flying the self built, foam board, Tiny Trainer, 3 Channel when I dunked it in the creek. That took care of that plane for the day. So I thought what the heck and broke out the 4 channel plane and as a rookie, fully expected to crash it spectacularly!

Instead I had a great flight and burned though a couple packs flying it around. It felt great and was a real breakthrough! I may never go back to 3 CH again (well except for my micro slow stick). I credit some of the success to programming in a bit of rudder mix with the ailerons and the rest to just practice on the sticks.

Getting to this point has been quite a journey and a great learning experience. Thanks to all the guys at Aloft for thier help and advise, to RCdyi, Painless 360, and Flite Test for thier great videos as well as all the other Youtube creators that have inspired and taught me to get me to this point.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and happy flying to you all....

Paul

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sweet! Sorry I was not there to see. :) I think several of the locals will be up at the Slot this weekend for a 60" MOM glider race. Also, should be some fun going on at Tic. Sure has been great glider weather lately.

I did bring home my little Slow Stick yesterday with some FPV parts Chris printed up for me. I want to try it out as an FPV plane. Should be able to loiter around for a good long time. :)

PaulG

User
Reaction score
Yes, it has been windy! I need to pick up a beginner glider. Were is the "slot" or Tic?

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Yeah i learned pretty much from zero to now from flitetest and online people as well. Its a great hobby. I remember a in the beginning joking about not needing more than 1 battery per plane as the plane is not going to survive long enough to need a second battery. eventually you stop crashing as much from accidents and you start crashing from "hold my beers". Hope to fly with you someday.