What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flight modes

Tom C

New User
Reaction score
How do I setup a Flight Mode to bring up flaps and gear. On a Horus using opentx 2.2.3

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Ahh, you don't need flight modes for gear and flaps. I guess you could use them.. I usually just use mixes to do this sort of thing. Let's say gear is on channel 10. Just set channel 10 source to a switch you would like to activate the gear with. You may need to set up a custom curve to get the desired throw controls and or adjust the outputs for channel 10. But tht is the very basic way.

For flaps, you usually need to add a bit of elevator to keep the plane in trim, so whatever I am using for flap, I also add tot he elevator with a very small weight to add that elevator correction. Again, this is a very short explanation, what I actually do is a bit more complicated so I can adjust that elevator compensation in flight.

-Wayne