What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F-SST Build log

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I think you will notice that we didn't react much.. If the plane was not a lightweight foamy, you would have seen us running for cover.

The launches are much easier after you have done it a couple of times. Heck, I didn't think the Ahi was going to do well in the wind..

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking for a parts list for the FSST. I got as a "Seconds" early last summer from Aloft, that was missing everything other than the cut foam parts. This is why I got a great price.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
If you look at the first 2 pictures i kind of shows you, I think @Wayne has a kit he could take a picture of. If not i sent one as a gift to my friend in hawaii and he hasn't built it yet so i could ask him to look. Basically there is a carbon or Fiberglass spar top and bottom and a little thin piece of wood that you glue into the Ailerons to give the control arms a place to screw down too. I was missing one and fabricated it pretty easily. Other than that i think it was just standard control rod linkage stuff but i could be wrong, it was a few years back.

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Yes, it should all be standard stuff. That is why I bought the kit minus the "standard" hardware. I'm looking for what is the size of the spar, aileron stiffeners etc. so that I can buy the replacement materials. If Aloft has an open kit when I'm next there I'll see what I can learn.

Yours has screwed on horns? I thought they were glued into a slot type.

The spars are rods? Not 0.014 x 0.118 strips. See I need a parts list.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I would use strips. :)

Check out a kit next time you are here. You should build this up and bring it to Sunset, you will love it there! I might have to build one up for that event as well. Chris built me one, but it is covered in 10 mil film!!