What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

date will not save

don44039

New User
Reaction score
loaded the latest 2.19 open tx and when setting up radio i set the date and proceed through the menues everthing seem fine but when i shut off tx and then turn it back on the date is not set all the other changes seem to save, any ideas
thanks don

don44039

New User
Reaction score
Wayne
I tried to install that version today and the screen on the radio only flashes twice and stays dark no menus.
i tried to attach the details the progam reports but they are .rtf and i get error file not supported
i will check the battery
hope the shop expansion is going smoothly.
thanks don

Reaction score
Assuming you downloaded the firmware using companion, I suspect you don't have the Radio Type set correctly in Settings->Settings... You must set that before downloading the firmware. If you don't and flash the wrong one it can act as you describe. The common error is downloading X9D instead of X9D+ or vice versa for people that have original X9D's.
Edit: typo

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
What he said.. Almost always the case when the LCD is dark on an X9D or X9D+ radio.

don44039

New User
Reaction score
well i reloaded the 2.2.1 softwear and after replacing the battery now the date will save and i am about 75% done setting up my first full house eletric sailplane. I may try flashing to the latest firmwear later the ssetting are exactly the same as when i downloaded the 2.2.1 so not sure what to change. will return to the issue later. I have 30 plus ships to program so maybe a while.
thanks for the quick replies
don

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I installed 2.2.3 to some X9D+ radios yesterday and all was good. Double check the settings just to be sure you didn't miss anything.

don44039

New User
Reaction score
Ok
i may give it a try will it overwrite the ships i have set up?
Havent got to backing them up yet.
thanks
don

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
It is always a good idea to save your models to your computer or backup to the SD card. But, no, it should not kill your models.