What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Sound files

Laury415

New User
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make custom sound files for Horus X10s with OpenTX 2.2.1?

I was able to make sound files for my X9D using an app on my Android tablet. The app created the .wav file that were 24 sample rate.

It looks like with OpenTX 2.2.1 they are now 32 sample rate files. Are there any other differences?

Does anyone know an app or program that can create the correct files?

lowandslow

New User
Reaction score
This works great on Windows 10 - http://balabolka.site/balabolka.htm
Some of the old methods that have been posted no longer work. Install it, type in the words you want spoken, FILE/SAVE AUDIO FILE and select WAV as the format - place the saved file in your SD sounds folder and remember to sync your SD card so Companion and the Radio both have the file. Let me know how that works for you.

JohnSK

New User
Reaction score
As lowandslow mentioned:

1. Use balabolka to create your wav files and save to a folder on desktop, keep name small but easily identified eg. ignition off (ignoff)
2. I use an SD Card. So plug Tx in and have Ethos suite running.
3. Go to Audio tool in suite. Pick the + Sign and navigate to the folder where you saved the files. Pick them all and select open.
this will bring them all into Ethos Suite.
The output path is the folder you save them to. for example in my case SD Card/Audio.
4. check the box Open directory after conversion. Pick Convert button, will automatically convert to the correct format and magically be in the correct folder.
5 Set your switches up in special functions and you are good to go.
Very easy once you have learned. (LOL only took me two days to get it)

John

sande005

Active User
Reaction score
Original discussion was from 2018. Of note, to save memory, file names for newer OpenTX versions (and Edge) need to be six characters or less. So "flpoff.wav" vs "flapsoff.wav", etc.