What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continuing the "lost" planes...

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,
Continuing the batch of planes that has been lost or escaped...here is a video of Greg Beshouri flying a "Gooney" wing at the SLOT.

I designed this plane as one of the last at RCRCM and it was one that among others they promised not to produced - anyway - thats what they do.

It was originally called "Gooneybird" and was designed for exactly what Greg is using it for - a hardy chuck it in the back of the car wing.

There was another reason behind it actually as I wanted to try out the new wing aerofoil sections that I'd been working, on and I'm happy to see they seem to work. BY the way a correctly designed wing aerofoil does not need reflex.

I have never actually seen one fly - maybe next year at the SLOT!

Cheers,

Doc J.

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I think I raced against one of these 60" ship at the last MOM (Sept). It was as fast as the conventional ships. I think it was the first time the pilot had flown one.