What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aresti 2.75 Videos.

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Here is Jonathan Wells on his second trimming flight with the Aresti 108". This is what Jon describes a a "Low lift site" but you have to love that UK scenery!

Enjoy!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
That is a magical plane! If this is the shakedown flights can't wait to see him flying it when he gets "comfortable" with it. o_O

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hmm.

If Jonathan gets the plane up Pule hill or over to Wales, wow...

He's a plain excellent pilot, and can do rolling loops to order. I particularly love his Super stratospheric "Thousand feet" stall turns.

That plane weighs 3.5Kg empty, and can be ballasted up to over 10Kg. Can you imagine?

Just need the place, conditions, and fine weather all in a line to get it on video, and since Jon's having the time of his life with it, we can expect some more good footage.

Cheers,

Doc.

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Jonathan Wells at Pule.

It should be noted that Jonathan does not profess to be a good aerobatics pilot - in fact this is his first real aerobatics plane. You could say he's teaching himself as he's goes along.

I reckon he's a star pupil!

LOVE the UK countryside.

Doc.

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Martin in Germany has decided that his new Aresti 2.75 makes a good Christmas decoration!
Quotes Martin: "Thx a lot, I am really impressed by the build quality! Great job!

Nice to have a happy customer!
47396365_2133609130226768_7340700279731388416_n.jpg

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sweet! They really are an impressive plane. Great landing spot there too.

taeniura

New User
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I just registered here...good information on the forum.
The black green Aresti belongs to me and eventually I found some time to start building.
Can anyone maybe post the throws and cg for the big Aresti? Jonathan?
Seems I need to sand the flap/hinge area a bit to get max throws but would be good to know how much is required.

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• 20190119_142122.jpg
    20190119_142122.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 157

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
it takes hours of practice to get the rolling circle nice an clean during slope conditions. Jonathan shows at 1:16 and for average it is, you have to deal on a half past circle with height issues. Here the big Aresti is available to regain some height again. Nice doing nice plane. Perhaps for me a bit too big
I like the session @Pule Hill #7 the most… and the Setup #14 Shows it's capabilities. I am wondering why not using snap-flaps on an aerobatic machine?

Jonathan Wells

Active User
Reaction score
Pule is very blustery because of the hill in front, i flew again last Saturday in 50+ mph wind, wow the conditions were rough. The Aresti has snapflap + ailivator, I will update the setup sheet.

Last edited: