What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aer-o-tec Orca eVo F3J

jvaliensi

Active User
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone have insight to this sailplane? It looks like a thermal ship bit is listed as an all arounder. I find videos of it flown from slopes. Is it tough enough for slope. True thermal ships are delicate butterflys that snap in half if you look at them wrong.

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
You need the tougher C80 version for slope, James.

All Aerotec models are good fit and finish, fly well, come with a nice set if parts and accessories, and are pretty durable.

I have known Stefan Eder for years and he's a really good, practical designer who (hopefully) like me tries to blend good looks with performance.

They are a little bit pricy, but not outrageous for the quality - not only that, they have sensible ailerons.:eek:

Cheers,

Doc.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The Orca is a beast, and yes, I would say it should do great in just about anything you wanted to use it for. It is strong and can handle the slope, but not overweight, so still able to soar. The span is huge, so would need a good landing area at a slope. Plane comes with 2 sets of tips, so you can reduce the wing span some for the slope. If you are local, stop on by, we have one on display.

IMG_2552.jpg

jvaliensi

Active User
Reaction score
Hi there,
Is the V-tail model set up to accept X08 servos in the stabs? Would a 3S battery and motor fit in it? I have a 1530 Tenshock w/ 5:1 gear box looking for a home. I traded my Satori for an Xplorer F5J and I'm thinking to get another Aer-O-tec model.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yep - The V-tail does place the servos into the stabs. Really nice craftsmanship on this plane.
tail - 1.jpg

The control horn is even installed and looks to be out of the air stream. :)

jvaliensi

Active User
Reaction score
I'd like another Are-O-Tec model, but I do not like the colors you have. Do you do custom orders from Stefan?