What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.2.2 Has SWR been removed?

iflylilplanes

Strong User
Reaction score
I've just updated from 2.1.9 to 2.2.2 firmware and noticed that the SWR reading is either not there or I can't find it, or, would I be right in assuming that it was not that accurate and has been left off the later versions, and RSSI is a better indicator of connection?

Wormwood

New User
Reaction score
They renamed it to something else, can't remember what it is if you go to opentx look at the changelog it references it there

iflylilplanes

Strong User
Reaction score
I just found out myself, it's name has been changed to "RAS" (Radio Antenna Status) and it's in RADIO SETUP/ANALOGS I'm told. Will be having a look tonight when I get home.

Thanks Anyway,

Edit:
I just fired up the X9D Plus and found the RAS function, it's in the Analogs Test page in the radio menu, bottom left corner, and you don't have to activate it, it's running when you open the page.

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, there was a bunch of debate over it a while back. As long as we still have it.. (They were suggesting to remove it at one point.) We use it all the time here, we find it very useful for basic testing and even finding a lost aircraft.

iflylilplanes

Strong User
Reaction score
Finding a lost aircraft? I've used RSSI to find a model that went down in thick bush about 200 metres out, took me to within 30 feet of the model, that's how high the tree was it was in the top of, only realised where it was when I could hear the aileron servos when I cycled them.