Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

Replacing switches with pots

My son is into robotics as a hobby and likes to work with electronics and software as his hobby. For his birthday I got him a X9 Lite. For his hobby needs, he needs more pots and less switches. So, this brings up the question: Can SA, SB, and SC switches be replaced with pots? The physical...
  2. H

Antenna replacement on S6R

I recently obliterated a plane due to dumb flying (mea culpa) but was able to recover the receiver and battery. The rest of the gear is lost in the woods. The receiver is a S6R and one of the antennae was ripped out. I purchased a pair of replacement antennae but I don't know what to use to...
  3. H

Can't flash receivers with ACCST 2.1 from X9 Lite

Sorry if this subject has been covered already. I looked in this area but didn't find it. If this subject already exists, please direct me to it. 1. Here's the problem: when I connect the X9 Lite to the PC, the SD card and Taranis drives do not show up on the Windows Explorer on my PC. 2. I...
  4. H

Gasser dropout, HELP!!!

I have had this plane with the same setup for over 2 years now. I flew it once last week with no issues. Then on the second flight as I was about to take off, the radio started dropping out. The dropout only happens when I move the elevator(s). Here's the setup: 1. 52cc gas engine 2. PowerHD...
  5. H

Servo Speed vs. Number of Channels set

Not sure how to explain this clearly, but on my FrSky X9 Lite and X7, OpenTX allows me to set the number of channels down from 16 to 4 while increasing the transmission rate. I set that up on a couple of models and nearly lost them due to dropouts. I am using old servos on those planes, like...
  6. H

Help with QX7 firmware update

I am trying to udpate the firmware on my Frsky from version 2.2.1 to 2.3.1 so that I can use Companion to copy models to my newer X9 Lite with version 2.3.1. However, when I try to power on the X7 while holding the trim tabs to center, nothing happens. The screens lights up but nothing else...
  7. H

Copying Model Settings from FrSky X7 to X9 Lite

I have a handful of models that I would like to move from my Frsky X7 to my new X9 Lite. What is the best way to do it? I have not used Companion previously, and the X7 is in version w2.2.x (I don't remember exact version) and the X9 Lite is in version 2.3 Opentx. Thx
  8. H

Taranis Plus ACCESS "2019"

I'm surprised nobody started a discussion about this latest radio from Frsky. Maybe everybody is still trying to get their heads around the X9 Lite and ACCESS. Elsewhere Wayne mentioned an upcoming X11 and X12 release. So let's count the models: X9 Lite is basically an equivalent of an X6 X7...
  9. H

RX8R Pro dropouts (switch issue)

I recently purchases and installed 2 sets of RX8R Pro and XM+ receivers for my 2 gassers. These planes have been flying for quite some time using other receivers. One of them is having dropouts when I cycle the elevator SERVOS(dual elevators). I am using digital PowerHD SERVOS and NIMH 2600...
  10. H

Range check distance

I am not sure how far the transmitter has to be from the receiver before the RSSI drops to critical and still be acceptable. Can anybody help? Thanks.
  11. H

10S vs. 12S Differences

Aside from the obvious packaging differences, what are the other differences between the Horus 10S and 12S?