Search results

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Register
  1. J

R-XSR Fixed wing application.

Also trying to adapt board for ASS-70 to use 2 static ports 1 in the inlet and 1 in thrust tube to measure EPR or fan efficiency. I will have to make my own ports.
  2. J

Okay, I was hoping I missed something. By the time you add the Decoder or the Bus the weight exceeds using a different option. I am trying to optimize total avionics package. Already over 40 grams with complete telemetry. Is GPS restricted in accuracy and real time based on civilian use. I may...
  3. J

I had seen reference to this Rx being used in a fixed wing aircraft. All I have found is drone app. Does this have to be used with a FC board or is there a hub or other means of interfacing servos? The hub on your site say Futaba compatible only.
  4. J

Using X12S with flight simulator

Thx for info, alot to absorb.
  5. J

Yes
  6. J

TopModel Samsara 3.2 meter glider, build thread on Aloft's Forum.

I w get back to you with that. Also there are heat activated resins that are really good for complicated lay ups. Maybe we should do a blog just for this stuff. :)
  7. J

Actually, step reamers, available from any good machine shop supplier are very affordable. Closer tolerances can be achieved easily and develop ones skill. The payoff is a project that is straight, flies great and is a source of accomplishment. Slow is fast, as I was taught. Patience is...
  8. J

Actually they do work well with even thin materials. If you have your own drill bit sharpener to reduced the angle even further it works even better. biggest difference with a real gun barrel bit is the flutes are not ground at all. very expensive, I have seen .025 bits sell for over $250 US...
  9. J

Just some experience to pass along. never, ever use a tapered reamer for anything. That is known as a suicide reamer in the aerospace industry. Career suicide. If you are trying to move a hole, use side filing, and step reaming to accomplish this. To match drill hard material/soft material...
  10. J

getting started

This is what I am trying to do. I want to set up my aircraft to have 3 modes. take off, cruise and landing. the idea is not to have to listen to Betty anymore than necessary. Sound files correspond to modes and real life flight warnings. Takeoff includes No flap deployed,V1,V2,VR, and...
  11. J

Can the X12S be used with a PC based flight sim without the TX transmitting?
  12. J

getting started

Just getting back into the hobby after many years. First impression was wow, lots of things we only dreamed about are now a reality. After some research, I decided to go with FrSky/OpenTX. I bought 2 Horus X12S's, so I would have my own buddy box. I have a lot of questions about telemetry and...