What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic 40, 60 and 80 gliders and beyond.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
This is just a quick post to share that we have a new partnership with Bruce Tebo. Bruce is one of 2 people that has flown a glider over 500 mph. He is also a very helpful pilot that is always eager to fly. Needless to say, he is a very skilled pilot.

Among many things, Bruce is going to help us make sure we are putting out the best Dynamics gliders that we can. He has started off with a Dynamic 80 build in the light weight layup and already has flown it to 272 mph. Being light weight it will not be a speed monster, but should turn some good speeds just the same. Bruce currently holds the record time for the Dynamic 80 at 453 mph, the speed record for the 80" class is 460 mph.

Attached are a few photos of his new D80 build. He will be putting together a D60 next.

We have a few more interesting birds for him to test in the near future. We are looking forward to getting his feedback on a few new gliders, and then ramping them up for some speed tests. Bruce is going to be a great asset and allow us some real world feedback for our designers and manufacturers as we start pushing into some new gliders that should be capable of higher than normal speeds. (We currently have a number of DS or DS acro planes we are working on.)

-Wayne

Attachments

• Tebo_D80 - 2.jpg
    Tebo_D80 - 2.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Tebo_D80 - 1.jpg
    Tebo_D80 - 1.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Tebo_D80 - 3.jpg
    Tebo_D80 - 3.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 125

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
This is great news! Bruce was up here for one of our 60" MOM races. The wind was from the wrong direction for racing but the back side was workable. Bruce spent the day teaching us mere mortals "how to do it".
I think I learned more about DS in those few hours than I did in years of trying to fly DS in the 90's.

Bruce is a great guy willing to help anybody that asked, and he has the records to prove he knows what is going on when he critiques your technique.

Setting up a DS ship is a whole different animal from a front side ship. Heck with a ship spec'd by Bruce I might have to get a DS 60 for myself!

This really is good news

jvaliensi

Active User
Reaction score
HI,
I went to the DS fest at Weldon, CA on Saturday 4/20/2019. I saw Bruce go 412MPH w/ a K130. It was quite a show. Alex from New Zealand can go fast and put on an aerobatic routine over 200mph. The winds peaked in the low forties. Bruce flew my friends K2 over 300mph and it was the 1st time he flew that particular bird.

Best of show was when a fellow's elevator servo wire pulled out of the receiver shortly after launch. They handed the TX to Bruce. He flew it around the front side trying to control it with ailerons and flaps only. When it climbed too much, he would do a 180 roll to loose altitude. In the end, he landed it better than most do with full control. Everyone applauded! It was amazing.

More info is here:

Motowncali

Active User
Reaction score
I know Wayne is very excited to have Bruce building and testing the limits of these designs. Especially since they are being produced in more of a mass production environment as compared to what Joe was doing.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
That is amazing..! I have seen people do things like that in the past, always amazing!

Was out there this weekend and had a great time. A couple of pics. Looks like we will be putting the BOP into production. :)

Diceman

Reaction score
So how are the light versions coming now? I know Bruce got a light D40 and hit some high speeds with the light version. This all sounds great! Last month I finally got a chance to do some laps with my D80! What a machine! I am sure I was only hitting 160-180mph range but for someone who is just getting into DS it was scary enough. LOL. Super fun and an adrenalin rush for sure! I am definitely hooked.
I am still building my D60 and then onto my D40. :D

Diceman

Reaction score
Did I read correctly in the above statement from Wayne that he is getting the BOP into production???
Any updates???

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
BOP - It is in the works, but may be a year before we see fruit from that tree.

Yes, Bruce has been ringing out the F40 with very good results. We are making a few tweaks and they will be available.