What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which 3D printer to buy?

PaulG

User
Reaction score
I am itching to get into 3D printing but am stuck on which printer to buy. I am leaning to the Lulzbot Mini. It is expensive and small print bed but seems like it works right out of the box, is really sturdy, and can use many different types of filament. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I haven't been looking recently but compare it to the similarly priced Ulitimaker products which have always been top rated with fast, fine printing.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I went the cheap route and got a refurbished Maker Select v2 from monoprice. $199, free shipping, same warrenty. First unit had an issue, sent it back. Week later i had my second unit. Took me about 2 months to get thru 1kg roll of pla. Printing all the time. Love it. No problems yet.

marhar

New User
Reaction score
I've gone from a Monoprice Maker Mini -> Monoprice Maker Select v2 -> Prusa Mk3.

All three were great units. If you can afford the Prusa it's an astonishingly reliable unit in terms of "just printing", and the autoleveling is great.