Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Reid Williams

1. Reid Williams

(Possibly) Bad Range Check with RX8R and R9mm

After testing, here are my results. RX8R #1 (original) by itself with antenna tubes: 46m RX8R #1 (original) by itself without antenna tubes: 50m RX8R #2 (brand new one) by itself w/tubes. : 40m RX8R #2 (brand new one) by itself wout/tubes. : 38m R9mm by itself: 85m RX8R #1 w/R9mm, R9 unplugged...
  2. Reid Williams

I'll test them independently as soon as I get a chance and report the results. I'll also test with an XM plus to see if I get better results. I was watching the control surfaces and know I had a failsafe because the controls were freezing up and the Aura was setting them to the failsafe...
  3. Reid Williams

I performed the range check at the flying field (open field) with the aircraft on a wooden bench. R9 was tested both in 1W(auto) and at 100mw which is the power I intended to fly at and it didn’t seem to make a difference.
  4. Reid Williams

Took my jet out to the field today and did a range check that did not give me the warm fuzzies. I'm running a RX8R Pro with an R9mm as a redundant receiver. I did a range check on both receivers by disabling the respective RF module in my transmitter and neither system got beyond about 30m...
  5. Reid Williams

Urgent firmware update to all X receivers and RF modules (ACCST D16) just released

I bought one of the RB20’s with the intent to use it but since my power is being provided by the dual battery inputs on the Aura and it’s only taking sbus as input it doesn’t quite make sense. I just wanted to make sure the kinks were worked out with ACCST 2.0 before I took the plunge to update
  6. Reid Williams

Urgent firmware update to all X receivers and RF modules (ACCST D16) just released

Thanks Henny, Not to take away from the point of the thread but there are a couple reasons I’ve decided to do this. 1. I don’t fully trust the R9M module. Just haven’t gotten enough time with it. Maybe in the future. 2. I’m not using an RB20 because I’m using an Aura pro with its dual battery...
  7. Reid Williams

Read through the whole thread. Looks like the consensus is to update and buy a XJT module for whoops. As I'm building a new jet I want to have the most reliable link possible. I'll be using a RX8R Pro and a R9MM as backup and my question is does the R9 stuff require the update too? Thanks
  8. Reid Williams

Question about RSSI details.

I see, thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that Frsky FHSS and Spektrum DSSS worked in such a different way. I wasn't worried about it as I've never had an issue, just curious as to how things work. Guess I have some homework to do on DSSS and FHSS.
  9. Reid Williams

wav. files

Make sure the name of your file is under 6 characters or it won't show up
  10. Reid Williams

Question about RSSI details.

Hello everyone, I've been following this thread on RCGroups and it has me wondering about the RSSI that I use on my fpv ships. Does anyone know if Frsky's RSSI is simply an indication of power on frequency like the spektrum guy claims or if it is an actual measure of link quality...