Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Martin

1. M

problems binding access flex on r9mm-ota receivers

thank you. hey i'm also in oklahoma. outside stuart in the sticks...lol. how ya'll i rush springs? going to see the eclipse?
  2. M

RANGES OF R9M SYSTEM WITH THE Tandemn stock radio antenna.

what kind of range can i expect to get from the frsky r9m access system with the x20s radio built in antenna. should i replace the antenna with a known "good" one since the antenna that they usually ship with tx and vtx and crap. are these built in antenna better quality than the usual?. the...
  3. M

problems binding access flex on r9mm-ota receivers

i am having problems binding access flex on r9mm-ota receivers with the x20s tx. they will bind sort of but nothing more. i think in then binding process it registers and then fails. so i am having to use the fcc version. i would like to use the flex firmware on my new $465 radio.. i...
  4. M

just bought a x20s from aloft and i need to know if the gimbal stick ends are adjustable/replaceable? i'm not happy with the length.

yes perfect i just didn't want to break it i assumed that it was adjustable but you know what that means.
  5. M

just bought a x20s from aloft and i need to know if the gimbal stick ends are adjustable/replaceable? i'm not happy with the length.

the gimbal stick ends seem very tight. are they not removable and or adjustable?
  6. M

tandem x20 power output in both 2.4g and 915mhz.

good so i can use either or , or both. but what are the power options for the 915mHz? what is the variable level of the output power? also is the power output automatic like with the r9 modules, or selectable? is the 2.4ghz limited to 1-2km as before?
  7. M

tandem x20 power output in both 2.4g and 915mhz.

tandem x20 power output in both 2.4g and 915mhz. can they be used separately or only together? is the power output adjustable?
  8. M

FAA says what? (Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems)

i think this is all a bunch of government b.s. the pnp drone industry and the irresponsible behavior of some of the new inexperienced operators is killing the hobby that i have had for 50 years. assholes!
  9. M

belkin bn 220 battery replacement?

i have a bn 220 with a dead battery on it. it reads 0v. i went to change it and i found that the factory had thoughtfully spot welded the battery in place. has anyone changed or bypassed this battery??? if so how did it go? how did you do it?
  10. M

matek 405 wing imu runs hot

found it . an lm75 temp sensor was shorted out. Like
  11. M

matek 405 wing imu runs hot

i have a matek 405 wing and the imu wants to run warm about 135 degF on the bench. ive never had one run over 100degF before. what could cause this. could settings cause this? any ideas? thanks
  12. M

Brownout help!

I agree. sounds like brownout for sure. Did you fix it? how? thanks martin
  13. M

Show us what you are working on..

I've got an old hitachi scope that I use on ocassion. that should show me what I'm after. thanks martin
  14. M

yeah I'll take a look at the voltage at the esc input. Usually the current travels through about 8" to 12" of wire, a frsky I/V meter and 3 xt60 connectors to get from batt to esc. I might be surprised. I'll let you know what I find. martin
  15. M

I am using lower current systems. usually 40A and less but I'm not careful with the length of my battery leads. I use cheap chinese esc. I would be very surprised if these inexpensive esc are using low esr electrolytics. I would expect them to use the minimum required amount of filtering to...