Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by kenh3497

1. kenh3497

Cardboard CNC

I'm not much of a CNC guy but from my past experience in tool & die (MANY years ago) and the little I've read about CNC i would think a small router would fill the need better than a knife. Especially so on double wall cardboard. In any case you will not be out much trying the knife first...
  2. kenh3497

FrOS on X9d

Thank you for the replies. I'm looking to get away from Hitec but am heavily invested in Hitec. Replacing all my RX's will be quite an investment. Would like an X10S but the extra expense takes away from RX money. Don't currently own any FrSky products so whatever I do will be a leap of...
  3. kenh3497

FrOS on X9d

Can the FrOS run on a X9D? I don't need nor want the complexity of the Open TX. Don't use my current TX to it's fullest and don't need "fancy' programing. Thanks! Ken
  4. kenh3497

TX modules protocols

Sorry for the late reply... Working for a living has it's downfalls. hahaha I only have the Hitec module that is in my current Hitec TX. I'm going to make a decision this winter on which radio system to invest in. Damn I hate to be tied to ONE radio. Not like the "old" days at all...... Ken
  5. kenh3497

TX modules protocols

I've been wanting to switch to a FrSky TX for a while now but am heavily invested in Hitec. Is there a TX module available for Hitec? Of course it would be a stop gap measure until I can phase in FrSky RX's. Thank you! Ken EDIT: I've asked this question before but it has been a while ago...
  6. kenh3497

FrSky RX Compatibility?

Not everybody including myself wants to learn to program. Not everybody needs the programing complexity that Open TX affords. That has been my biggest reason NOT to purchase a FrSky TX. Now that there is an option I will be purchasing one. Ken
  7. kenh3497

Flaperons/ DLG

Please supply the solution as I'm thinking about a 10X and a DLG in in my fleet. Ken
  8. kenh3497

Frsky new protocol?

Are the "older" RX's able to run ACCESS with updates or they stuck with the old ACCST? Ken
  9. kenh3497

Hitec modules

I was able to check a actual JR module against the module in my Hitech A9. They DO NOT match so a direct fit is not possible. Of course there are no JR compatible modules available from Hitec. In fact they show no modules of any kind on the Hitec web site. Yet another reason to move on ....
  10. kenh3497

Music

So to take this one step further, Could the wav files be triggered by a switch. I would like to use the TX as a caller for pattern. I would like to have a switch that when triggered announce the next maneuver. Ken
  11. kenh3497

Good fuel proofer?

I've found the automotive urethane paint to be "more than enough " fuel proof unless you run 30%+ nitro. I use house brand paint and have had no problems. Ken
  12. kenh3497

Hitec modules

Well then, the module in my Aurora should work. It has an external wire from the module to the antenna. You would have to rig up some sort of mount for the antenna itself but there looks like a possibility there! I'll try to get a photo of my A9 module and post it here in this reply. The...
  13. kenh3497

Hitec modules

Ever since Hitec has discontinued it's TX production I can only assume that support will soon go by the wayside. Since I am kind of RX poor into Hitec, is there a module that is Hitec compatible? This would make the decision to switch to FrSky a much easier decision. All new RX's will of...
  14. kenh3497

Considering a switch FrSky

Thanks for the reply. As of right now most of my RC endeavors are on hold. 65 to 70 hours a week on a dead run all week has me in the work, eat, sleep mode. Ken
  15. kenh3497

RX sugestion

FWIW, I install the RX with it's short antenna in my DLG and have been doing some close in flying (after a range test) and so far my fears were needless. The antenna is directly under the servos on the bottom of the fuse. While I haven't specced out the DLG so far no glitches. I have a metal...