Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Hank

1. H

I call him birchy

Really nice!! What is that covering?
  2. H

Redesigned Mach-1

They supplied templates? I never had it that good. One plane had written instructions saying: "carve and sand to a pleasing shape". Whatever that means...
  3. H

Mach 1, AMA pattern ship (40 year time machine)

I love those slimey 10cc pattern planes. I have some, but not a Mach 1.
  4. H

OMG I really cannot belive that Putin invaded Ukraine.

Yep. Whenever someone is in power for too long they go criminal crazy.
  5. H

WANTED: 2.4ghz module for Futaba 9C

I had trouble with Corona 72Mhz receivers way back. Got rid of them and moved on. They had so much response lag that my plane was barely controllable.
  6. H

S6R and S8R configuration questions and concerns

I have SxR receivers on a couple of handlaunch 1/12 scale combat warbirds that are very "dynamic" at launch. What I did was to calibrate auto level with the plane in a nose up angle for climbing. At launch, I just toss it and let it climb without needing inputs from me. Once it reaches a...
  7. H

Replacing switches with pots

Yes, I see him doing that. For the robo-dog he is using an Arduino board and programming the leg movement in it with inputs from an FRSKY receiver. He also is using an Arduino board on his robot -arm-on-tank to convert the directional commands (forward/reverse and left/right) from the FRSKY...
  8. H

I think the quad and robot arm won't need anything out of the ordinary. But when he gets his robo-dog going, he will need some script to convert directional control to leg movement.
  9. H

In the "Hardware" page, you can select between 3 position, 2 position, toggle, and none. But no option for potentiometer. So it may be easy to physically swap pots in place of switches but as mentioned, the software (OpenTx) has to be reconfigured. I decided to take the easy way out and will...
  10. H

Hitec Flash 5 Receiver Question

Castle Creations Berg receivers worked with either negative or positive shift. Wow!! This brings back memories.
  11. H

My son is into robotics as a hobby and likes to work with electronics and software as his hobby. For his birthday I got him a X9 Lite. For his hobby needs, he needs more pots and less switches. So, this brings up the question: Can SA, SB, and SC switches be replaced with pots? The physical...
  12. H

When is the X18 expected at Aloft?

Does the XJT Lite external module work on the X18? I have a few legacy D8 receivers that I might want to migrate from my older radio. How about ACCST D16 receivers? Would they work on the internal RF or do they need the external RF module?
  13. H

Hey Konrad...

Minor input from me, it was the F-8 Crusader, not the A-7 Corsair that had the pivoting wing to increase the angle of attach during takeoff and landing. I'm glad I'm not into scale modeling. It seems so tedious, I would quit the hobby. So let me get this straight, you want to build a scale...
  14. H

OMG I really cannot belive that Putin invaded Ukraine.

Maybe they are running low on vodka?
  15. H

Don't think nobody uses Erskytx.

I read about some of the advantages of Ersky. I would consider it if for some reason OpenTx become inadequate.